I've always found it very successful to 'mix it up' on Easter- using a combination of both contemporary AND traditional hymns. Yes, there are so many wonderful 'new' songs that work well on Easter, but we can't forget about the treasures we've sung for so many years as a church. It doesn't mean they need to be played on the organ, but I think most assemblies would expect to hear 'Jesus Christ Is Risen Today' on Easter Sunday! And rightfully so. I remember one year, a couple days after Easter Sunday, the music office received a letter from someone who was disappointed that we didn't sing any songs with 'Alleluia' in them. They were right. We didn't even realize it until then. Sure, we picked songs that were fitting and seemed appropriate, but we TOTALLY missed the boat on that. That has stuck with me ever since. So, get those 'Alleluias' in there! * Above All by Leblanc/Baloche (Integrity/CCLI) (found in the collection...
Yorumlar
Yorum Gönder